The British Marine Federation (BMF) is the trade association for the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry.
We represent businesses involved in:
- Leisure boats - seagoing and inland
- Small commercial workboats up to 24m
- Hire fleets
And all the equipment and services needed for those craft.
Our members come from around 4,200 businesses in today's UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine markets. The turnover of those markets is worth £2.901 billion.
Our mission statement states that we will:
"We will lead and promote our industry and work with our members to achieve sustainable growth in a competitive global environment, through the provision of world-class goods and services..."
So, on behalf of our members we:
- Promote the marine industry
- Provide showcases for its products, here and overseas
- Liaise with Governments, Authorities and Agencies
- Conduct research on UK and International marine markets
- Provide technical, regulatory and manufacturing information and advice
- Provide strategy, advice and practical assistance on environmental issues
- Assist with training and recruitment
- Advise and represent on legal and financial matters
The British Marine Federation is a company limited by guarantee. (Company No. 02592536) Its principal trading activity is promoting the boating industry and the organisation and promotion of exhibitions. The Federation is funded from member subscriptions and from its exhibitions.