Good news for (river) surfers: from 20. to 28. January 2018, all experienced and would-be surfers will be able to surf on “THE WAVE”. The nine metre-wide and up to 1.50 metre-high citywave® from Munich has been optimised for boot 2018: it is designed to be somewhat more gentle for beginners, while it is faster for practised surfers. Experienced instructors from the action team headed by Susi and Rainer Klimaschewski will demonstrate the tricks and skills needed for initial attempts and will give practised surfers ideas for new tricks. Visitors can register at thewave.boot.de from December 2017 onwards. Anyone who would prefer to watch instead will see what they want to see during the second boot weekend, because that is when the best river surfers in Europe will be holding their championship.
You will find the surfing stars directly at “THE WAVE” and on the stage next to the large pool – both of which are now in Hall 8a. Manufacturers and distributors will be exhibiting and selling their surfing, SUP, windsurfing, kitesurfing and wakeboarding products and equipment around THE WAVE. A visit to Hall 12 is worthwhile for surfers too. Suitable (beach) clothing for the next surfing trip is available there in the Beach Life Zone.
boot Düsseldorf Wave Masters 2018 on the second weekend of
the trade fair
The stars of the river surfing community are competing with each other at the 2nd boot Düsseldorf Wave Masters from 26. to 28. January. The EUR 5,000 in prize money will once again be divided up among all the participants, because the primary aim is for everyone to have fun. The organiser’s action team will be sending the professional surfers invitations to the contest by mid-December 2017 at the latest.
There will already be a warm-up surfing session for the participants on Friday afternoon (26.1.2018), before the competition begins on Saturday. An expert jury of experienced surfers and judges from the German Surfing Association (DWV) will be marking the perfomances. The big finale is taking place on Sunday, 28. January 2018.
Relaxing beats and delicious drinks
The music in the hall will start to get somewhat louder at 17:00 every day, when demand for the numerous seats in the lounge will be increasing. The perfect end to the day: simply relaxing in a deck chair with a cocktail in your hand.
Opportunity for visitors to surf THE WAVE
You want to get wet yourselves and improve your surfing skills? Last year, about 1,500 visitors tried out THE WAVE with the help of expert instructors. The slots for visitors can be booked from December 2017 onwards; you can find further information at thewave.boot.de.
Here are the most important facts again at a glance:
- boot Düsseldorf is taking place from 20. to 28. January 2018, when it is open every day from 10:00 to 18:00
- Almost 13,000 m² of board sports to watch and try out in the new Hall 8a, right next to the North Entrance
- Large, new 1,400 m² pool with a higher cable unit – and thus even more action – for wakeboarders
- THE WAVE – the authentic deepwater wave for surfers and spectators provided by the citywave® professionals
- A premiere: tow-in windsurfing show
- Representatives of the major manufacturers to provide advice and information
- A constant stream of stars and experts from all trend sports on the stage by the pool
- Booking of surfing trips directly at the trade fair
- Numerous shops for bargain hunters in Hall 8a and Hall 12
- Laidback atmosphere, fun, action and relaxed people
- Tickets to boot can be used to travel free of charge on the Rhine-Ruhr public transport system
- Ticket prices and online tickets available at boot.de from the end of October onwards
Incidentally: the parking lot P1 at the Caravan Centre is the right address for everyone coming with their own RV. Electricity, water and garbage disposal are no problem here and the distance from bed to board could not be shorter.
About boot Düsseldorf:
boot Düsseldorf is the biggest boat and water sports trade fair in the world and is the place where all of the industry meets in January every year. More than 1,800 exhibitors, 900 of them from more than 60 countries apart from Germany, will be presenting their interesting innovations, attractive developments and maritime equipment again from 20. to 28. January 2018. This means that the whole of the global market will be coming to Düsseldorf, to provide an exciting insight into the entire water sports world for the nine-day exhibition in 16 different halls. The trade fair is open from 10:00 to 18:00 every day. Admission tickets can be ordered online at www.boot.de
and printed out conveniently at home from mid-November onwards. As an additional feature, they entitle ticket holders to use the Rhine-Ruhr public transport system free of charge up to price level D / South Region.